BSP Metropolis Plus – Double-tube
There exists a formula for the perfect Dutch city bike. Perhaps, like a Platonic Form, it exists only as a concept; somewhere ‘out there’ in the ether of our imaginations. Essentially it is a convergence of numerous essential qualities; among them, the most important are usually considered to be comfort, utility, styling, and price.
It is a rare and unusual thing for a bicycle description to begin with a reference to the ancient philosophical notion of perfection, but if any bike deserves such an introduction, the BSP Metropolis Plus is surely it.
Riding this bike requires no thought, no hassle, and no fuss; it is just a pleasure. Fat tyres absorb bumps, and the huge Selle Royal Gipsy saddle makes sure that you are scarcely even aware of them. The front and rear racks are built to proper Dutch standards, so the bike is always equipped to carry just about anything. The styling is unpretentious and simple, and because BSP hand-build their bikes in the Netherlands, all of the parts are aesthetically matched to complement each other. The price of the bike is also extremely competitive given the no-nonsense quality of the components, especially considering the Shimano brakes and gears, as well as the extensive use of stainless steel.
All in all, the BSP Metropolis Plus is a great all-rounder; as adept at carrying kids and shopping as it is at casual cruising and carrying crates of beer. In a recent Dutch bike showdown, the Metropolis triumphed over more expensive models made by other manufacturers, scoring an impressive 9.7 out of 10. Needless to say, we love it.
- Rear rack: 30kg
- Front rack: 15kg
- Frozen matte black
- Hazy grey metallic
- Battery-powered LED lights (front and rear)
- Selle Royal Gipsy
- Stainless steel spokes
- Aluminium formed frame
- Steco front and rear racks
- Shimano 3-speed or 7-speed hub gears
- Hand-operated Shimano rollerbrakes
- BLUE RIMS!!
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed gearing and rollerbrakes (handbrakes)
- Shimano Nexus 7-speed gearing and rollerbrakes (handbrakes)
- Complement the look and add to the bike’s utility by adding a set of handmade Clarijs panniers
- For the full range of accessories, see our Boutique
- This bike can easily and discretely be made into an e-bike. Read more about our electric upgrade options
- For more details see Pricing Sheet for BSP Metropolis Plus – Double tube 2016
Prices including VAT:
Shimano Nexus 3-speed – £ 555.41
Shimano Nexus 7-speed – £ 615.63