Our Bikes: Made in Holland
Like Swiss watches, Italian shoes, and German beers, some countries are renowned for their exports. Say the word ‘Dutch’ and a number of things spring to mind; windmills, clogs, tulips, cheese, canals, and,
of course, bicycles!
With more bicycles than people, and as many as 59% of urban journeys made using pedal power, it is safe to say that the Netherlands is home to a mature cycling culture. What is noteworthy about this culture is the fact that, by and large, people tend to ride the same sort of bikes. And what sort of bikes do they ride? Well, Dutch bikes of course!
Dutch bikes are synonymous with an upright, comfortable and casual riding style, as well as with the low-maintenance simplicity that gives them tremendous utilitarian appeal. Practical features like mudguards, lights, locks, and racks are all incorporated into the bike’s design, and because of this their overall cost is kept to a minimum.
- All of the Flying Dutchman’s bikes are all carefully hand-selected for their excellent design, and for the uncompromising quality of their components. Our stock is based on our acquaintance with Dutch bicycle brands, and it reflects what we see as the best possible range in terms of utility, aesthetic appeal, and value for money.
- Only Utility Bikes: As soon as you walk in the door, you’ll know we’re different. We focus exclusively on electric bikes, cargo bikes, family bikes, and general utility bikes (as well as all the accessories), so we don’t look or operate like a typical bike shop.
- Personal Attention: Our customers are our top priority, so we endeavour to give you our full attention and answer all of your questions as best we can. By sharing our knowledge, you will be able to make an informed decision when considering which bike best meets your needs.
- We Like to Customise: While we have a fantastic range of pre-built bikes, we also take pride in having the ability, knowledge, and dedication to help you customise your bike. Whether your new bike needs a different saddle or a complete overhaul, we’re happy to consult and customise your bike to make it just the way you like it.
- Top Quality Products: A genuine Dutch bike is a once-in-a-lifetime investment, so buying a quality product pays off in the long run. Based on our experience of Dutch bicycle manufacturers and technologies, we have stocked our store with only the most superlative bikes and accessories available. We rigorously test all bikes, parts, components, and accessories before they are welcome on our shelves, so you can be assured that the bike you buy from the Flying Dutchman is well-engineered and built to last.